menu   Home About Me TpT Shop Student Work Freebies  

Flying into February!

You know, I knew it was coming...the month that I dread probably the most as I get older.  In 18 days, I will be 32 years old.  Here's the thing, I would be FINE being 32 if my body didn't feel like it was 62!  I have had the pleasure of undergoing tests for some aches and pains that I've been having, which led to a fairly AWFUL cortisone shot in my left knee....NOOOOTTT FUN, folks!  Let's just put it this way, during my first pregnancy, I had to have a pic line inserted into my left arm.  If you ever had one...well, enough said.  HORRIBLE event.  To make matters worse, they had to do it TWICE because the first one didn't work correctly.  I have also had TWO epidurals and...here's my point...my cortisone shot was ranked SECOND next to my pic line in pain!!  I couldn't walk on my leg without nearly falling to my knees for two days.  My daughter said that I needed a cane.  Seriously?!  I'm young!  So, I have been going to physical therapy where I was told that jogging may never be in my future again.  So, my determined side kicks in...what can I do instead?  Decision....one of these bad boys may be in my future...


It's THIS guy who is really going to be upset...I may really have to "walk" my dog now!!


It may end up being good for him, actually...to start walking instead of jogging.  His eyes aren't doing that great.  I found out that he had a tumor in his left eye, as well as something called Panus, which is a genetic issue that a lot of shepherds suffer from.  I'm treating him daily...I love him so much!!!!  Those eyes of his NEVER lose sight of me.  It's the least that I can do to help protect them. 

So onto school!!  First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to Deb Hanson for hosting such a WONDERFUL blog hop this past week.  What a success!  If you guys didn't check it out yet, simply scroll down my page to check it out!

I am usually not this chatty, so I'm going to quiet down a bit and share some pics of my last couple of weeks with my students. :) 

Let's start with the ever so popular "Area and Perimeter People!"  I will not take credit for this idea.  I saw it on Pinterest.  I just implemented it in my classroom. :)





Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. :)

What else have I been up to?  Well, with two little ones and a full time job, there's not as much time as I would like to sit and create the million ideas that I have stored in my head.  However, I did recently come up with two things that I feel confident would make good additions to any classroom!

Here's a look at my first one...click on any of the pictures to learn more about it!



One more for ya!  My kids are LOVING this!  Click to learn more. :)


Last but not least...a FREEBIE!!



I have a bunch more that I could post, but I'm going to take some advice from my blogging buddies and just post again in a couple of days!  Come back to check out what I did for a fun twist on adjectives in my room. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Technically, I'm about a month behind you, but I stopped aging at 29. My grandma taught me that it's acceptable for a woman to choose an age she likes and stay there, so I have. I really think our bodies start to shut down at this age. I feel it too. It's crazy how often I'm reminded that I'm not as young as I used to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...well, I would like to have stopped at 29, as well! Sounds like a plan. :) I like your gram's thinking. My body is certainly shutting down and I don't like it. Let's fight it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the area and perimeter people! I'll definitely be sharing it on the www.thegrade3teacher.com

    ReplyDelete